1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help changing acoustic guitar strings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zeppfan90, Dec 6, 2013.

1. zeppfan90

zeppfan90

I just put new strings on my acoustic for the first time. Every string sounds good except the 3rd and 4th string. They are both too low sounding when they are in tune and the tension is loose? How can I fix this? thanks!
  2. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..? Supporting Member

use your smartphone to make sure you are on the right frequencies for your tuning. odds are your are an octave low, but right note.
  3. zeppfan90

zeppfan90

I don't have a smart phone. I just have my clip on tuner.
  4. zeppfan90

zeppfan90

5. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..? Supporting Member

follow the 5th fret tune-by-ear procedures, many references on the web here's one: get-tuned.com

That will get them all close enough for your tuner to finish it off, assuming your ear isn't good enough.

If you can't tell freq/octave by ear using an online tuner, then you really need something to roughly set the string frequency for the tuning that you want; then finish it off with your clip-on