1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help Choosing a Bass

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by lifeoffroadbass, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lifeoffroadbass

lifeoffroadbass

Hi all,

I've been racking my brain on what to do here and I need to pull the trigger quick as I know two of these wont last.

I am debating between the following:

1998 Warwick Fortress One (one owner only minor dings/scratches
    2001 Corvette FNA (stated it is in great shape)
    Brand New Pro-Series Streamer LX

Help! What would you do?

2. Don Johnson

Don Johnson

I have played all of these (the streamer Lx I played was a german model). With that said I would go with the FNA, mainly because of the tone of the electronics package. Sounds very ernie ball with a little more dirty midrange. Great funk bass! This will stand out in a mix very well. My next choice would be the streamer LX which would give you a more versatile sound and have a very nice body design that fits very well. The fortress probably won't sound too much different than the LX but I never really liked that body design.

3. lifeoffroadbass

lifeoffroadbass

That being said, I have a corvette now and do most of my playing in a sitting position. The upper horn on the corvette doesn't bother me but it seems like the fortress might.

Do you just not like the style or was it uncomfortable?