1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

HELP !!!!!!!! Dimarzio 127 P Bass pups !!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by peekypoo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Bought these from a TBer.

Neck pup White, and green ,ground?

Bridge pup Black , Red.. black wire is soldered to white neck pickup,, is this correct.. I wanted some feedback because I'm ready to dive right in..:help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    WI, USA
  3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Red it hot, black and white together and green is ground for series connection.

If the sound is too dark that way, try parallel, red & white = hot, and black and green = ground.

4. Thanks for all the help guys..

They sound dark but not to dark, love the thump.

The tone knob seems to have little or no effect, I got the wiring kit from stewmac, and the capicitor is downright tiny, maybe go to a higher capacitor 0.47u or higher.

5. Sponsored by:

6. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Disclosures:
    You mean .047µF. The Stew-Mac P bass kit comes with a .047µF capacitor. Don't worry about the physical size of the cap.

If you aren't getting much high end from the bass, you wont hear much of a change with the tone control down. If you need more treble removed go with a .1µF cap.

What kind of strings are you using?

7. The strings are Fender Nickel plated, and fairly new.

I can't really get any highs with the tone turned up.

I will have to take some pics of the cavity..

8. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Disclosures:
    Well either something is wired wrong, or as I said the pickup is too dark. That's why you wouldn't get much high end.

9. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

DiMarzio recommends 500k pots for this pickup. A 250K, standard for Precision type basses, may be too dark sounding.

10. I've just put these in my no name precision and they sound great - but I noticed it did have a 500k pot. The 500 is brighter than the 250. Easy swap to do and cheap as well.

11. You sorted mate? I did the same and found the instructins on the Dimarzio website. Since both PUs are the same you just wire them in series and all's fine. Boy these things thump.