Help find threads where demo product was shipped from tber to tber

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WarriorJoe7, Mar 24, 2014.

1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Supporting Member

I am an expert searcher but can't seem to find the threads where dozens of interested tbers pooled together and bought an item to pass around to try it.

This has been done with a few items but i cant remember what any of them are or i would be able to find the threads. Help me out. I want to see the results and talk before i try it.

I am thinking of doing this with my own product (a 12 position varitone in a box with extra features like true bypass, switch from 250k pot to 500k, add an inductor by a switch to make a notch filter. Basically the thing will have 4 dozen tones in a cigarette pack sized box.) i will have my prototypes done in about 6 weeks. I am awaiting parts from europe, asia, and the far reaches of the earth.
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

If you posted in the fx forum for qualified people to sign up for a demo you would get a few reviews.
  3. WarriorJoe7

Yes that is what I want to do. It has been done before but imhaving a really tough time finding the threads. Help!
  4. WarriorJoe7

Help please
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

beware, on a few of those threads items have disappeared.
  7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    I don't know of items that were collectively purchased, but I was part of a Dredgetone Angler demo group. No money was passed around or spent other than shipping costs to forward the pedal to its next recipient. This was maybe five years ago in the FX forum. Memory is hazy, but I believe that Cave Passive did something similar, and perhaps Bongo did something when he was connected with Exar.
  8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I know there was a bass that somebody kept and the rotation stopped. I would guess that influenced people to not do that anymore.
  9. WarriorJoe7

Yeah no big loss on a prototype pedal so the risk is worth it. but i already have ideas about how to minimize the risk

I will only ship to people with recent feedback as a seller/trade. others can travel to them if they are close by.

i can receive all funds for shipping and email out all the shipping labels and they will have tracking. I can then see who shipped and when. Tber who loses it gets a neg. if they like to sell or trade (hence the reason recent sell/trade feedback is a requirement) then they wont "lose" it. I dont think people who wish to remain active on here would risk losing good standing over a $125 pedal, but if they do its not a huge loss like a boutique bass.

All the experienced people with feedbacks are great. Havent heard of any scammers here recently, though i dealt with one 5 years ago. Tracked his wife down and got him in trouble. He probably wished he didnt do what he did. Haha
  10. WarriorJoe7

Thanks for the help guys.
  11. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I would troll the fx forum looking for active demo posters and invite them, doing it all for free in exchange for the reviews.
  12. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    Exactly - they send me something good you will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
  13. WarriorJoe7