HELP I HEAR CLICKING!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by metal4miracles, Feb 19, 2014.

1. metal4miracles

metal4miracles

So here is my set up

Wireless to sansamp rbi, with a bbe maxcom in the sansamp effects loop, sansamp out to crown xls1000 to a Carvin rl810t.

My issue is I'm having very loud picking sounds whenever I pick (yes I use a pick what of it) the strings. My tone is still great but still hear loud clicking before my tone comes out. It all started when I got the crown xls1000 after I sold my tank of a qsc rmx850.

I have lowered my pickups all the way and and have my sansamp scooped and it's still doing it. Any suggestions . Please help these clicks are driving me nuts

2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Are your strings hitting the poles of your pickups?

If not, start simple. Plug your bass straight into the RBI/Crown/8x10 and see if it still happens. Introduce each part one at a time to find the culprit.

3. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    And while you're at it, set all settings to neutral/flat. On the bass, center detents on EQ points, push the "active" button on the RBI so the Active light is OFF etc.

4. metal4miracles

metal4miracles

My pickups are all the way down. It was doing it before I introduced the bbe maxcom. I thought haveing the compressor/limmiter/gate would help.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

If be willing bet it's the wireless, but you need to go through the steps to find out.

Just because your pickups are down does not mean your not hitting them. It's unlikely, yes. But I would still eliminate it to be sure .

7. metal4miracles

metal4miracles

I also just introduced a new all digital wireless last week it also did it with my old cheep wireless

8. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    So, again, what happens when you plug your bass straight into the RBI with no FX or wireless, with the RBI in passive mode and any EQ on the bass set "flat"?
    Can you record the sound?

I'm leaning towards terrible technique or aggressive EQ bringing out something you don't like. Scooped tone will easily do that.

9. metal4miracles

metal4miracles

I am running a scooped tone

10. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator

If you are playing a MIM Fender bass, it could be static electricity from the pickguard. Especially true if your environment is dry. Heaters and fireplaces can really dry out the air in winter. To test, wipe down the pickguard with a used dryer "anti static cling" type sheet.

11. metal4miracles

metal4miracles

No I only play b series Ltd's