1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help identifying Peavey 215

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by e_mann, Dec 25, 2012.

1. e_mann

e_mann

There's a guy on craigslist selling a peavey 215 for 200 bucks. 4 ohms.

I know that Peavey's put out a few different 215s, and the Black Widows are supposed to be pretty good, but I've heard the others aren't so hot. He's only got one photo. Anyone able to identify it just from this one, rather poor photo?

[​IMG]

2. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Looks like the one I have. It's very decent, smallish but a great rock cab. I put a pair of CB158s in it, got it empty. The compartments are separated and they each have their own shelf port. The draw back is the smallish compartments (~2 cu ft ) limit your low end extension. It's not a good 5 string cab IMO. $200 is not a bad price, but $175 would be better

3. e_mann

e_mann

Hmm, I'm tuned to Drop G, so I'm even below most 5 strings. This may not be for me then...

Thanks for the awesome info, though. Any reccos on really good cabs for bottom end? I'm going to be blending with my 8x10, so punch and upper/mid is taken care of.