1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Help identifying two Eminence Delta 15" speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bedroommuso, Feb 10, 2013.

1. I have acquired two 15" Eminence "Delta" speakers that have come from different sources. Now being relatively unfamiliar to this brand and bass speakers in general, I found that there a few different models of Eminence Deltas (e.g. Delta 15-A or Delta 15 Pro etc.) to complicate things, so what I am trying to find out is if these two speakers are significantly different, slightly different or identical.

The first "Delta" I have matches the 1st picture (specifically the label), and is in a cab from 1999 marked 300W 8 ohms. This speaker also has "Eminence" written on the dust cover of the speaker. I believe this is the stock speaker from this cab. This speaker looks older. I assume it's the cheapest Delta that eminence has (15A), but the 300W doesn't match the current Delta-15A spec, which is 400W.

The second "Delta" I have matches the 2nd picture (" "), and is not the stock speaker from this cab. It does NOT have Eminence written on the dust cover. This one looks newer - i.e. the outer circumference of the speaker cone is fairly glossy. The seller claimed this speaker was "new" when I bought the cab, but who knows.. The cab didn't list a wattage nor do I think it was the stock speaker so I can't give any possible specs.

Both are USA made if that means anything.

Could anyone shed some light?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PawleeP likes this.
  2. lelandcrooks

lelandcrooks Commercial User

Jan 6, 2011
    Kansas
    Disclosures:
    Owner SpeakerHardware.com
    15a's. The bottom label is from years ago.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    There are a number of possibilities as to why a speaker can look a little different.

Labels can vary if the speakers are bought by an OEM to install in their cabs. There could have a custom label which is different than what you would see if you bought it from a retailer, or there could be no label at all. Sometimes manufacturers tweak the specs a little, perhaps changing the cone thickness or the amount of dope around the edge, and claim that it is a custom design. It helps with marketing.

4. This is the authoritative answer.

5. Sponsored by:

6. Thanks for the input. Does this mean the bottom label is older than the top label then? And does anyone know roughly when the label was changed?