Help matching cabinet to TH500

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by shednz, Apr 1, 2014.

1. shednz

shednz

Hi,
    I'm about to plunge into buying bass gear for a string of gigs I have (normally guitarist). Mostly old school blues, r&B, some funky stuff, reggae. Looking light weight. I narrowed it down to orange tb500 but reliability issues have lead me to tonehammer500 as alternative. Now what about cabinets? Over in New Zealand we've got way more option limits than you guys - my choices of gear are Aguilar SL1x12; a variety of ampeg, genz benz, GK and mesa boogie (so heavy and hard rock looking!); orange, warwick and ashdown. That's pretty much it (apart from big fender stacks). ANy advice appreciated cause testing aint an option- in a 300 mile radius I have a 2x10 warwick and a 4x10 ampeg portaflex to try - neither with the tonehammer tho - local shop only have a warwick digital 1000, orange tb500 and an ampeg pf800 in the head range :) Cheers!!
  2. Type-55

Type-55

3. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

IMHO, a TH500, and a Bergantino CN212, is a match made in heaven.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Aguilar stuff should be great w it
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shednz

shednz

no bergantino over these parts sadly - that one seems popular on here with this head. Had read aguilar neo wasn't as smooth as db series ... mixed reviews. Cheers. Anymore?
  7. rodl2005

rodl2005

The Genz Benz cabs are very nice- as is all their gear.
    GK 12" neo cabs would work well too.
    I'd go for either of these 1st. Then the Aggy DB cabs which are great too.