Help me build my dream bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

So I am a fender guy, and being one and really admiried Leo Fender I have always wanted one of his last creations, a Musicman. My lead guitarist makes custom guitars but has never built a bass. I don't have the money to buy one so we are going to build our version. Don't worry, I am making my own decal using my last name. This is not a fake I am making.

Now I bought this Olp because it has a straight Adler neck and body. Everything else will be replaced and the body painted. I also want to do the HH so we are going to route out the other pickup hole.

View attachment 299822

So here's where you guys come in. I want suggestions of bridge, and pickups. Everything else I have picked out. The pickups stumped me there are so many and also I like passive basses, is there a musicman style pickup that sounds really good passive? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. My budget is 500-650.
    Also on a side note anyone burn wood, I have a idea I want to try.
  2. autodidact

autodidact

Are you going for the Stingray sound or just the look. A LOT of the the Stingray sound is in the active pre-amp. Duncan makes Stingray sized pickups that seem to get a pretty good review.

Check out the Pickups and Electronics section, theres a lot of info to be had there!
  3. autodidact

autodidact

By the way, nice username. This lockout is killing me.
  4. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

More of the look.
  5. Register to disable this ad