Help me choose my first bass from the list

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bragiz, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Bragiz

Bragiz

Ok so i created a list of the bass guitars on my budget and i want to know which one have the best build quality, the build quality is by far the most important thing for me.

Yamaha TRBX174
    Yamaha RBX170
    Ibanez GSR200
    Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
    Cort Action
    Warwick Streamer Standard
    Sterling by Musicman sub Ray 4
  2. masterkey_bass

masterkey_bass

Sterling or warwick rockbass would be my top two of this list.
  3. spanndrew

spanndrew

4. Pokerdweebz

Pokerdweebz Supporting Member

I'd probably say Ray4 as well
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Liam McMonigle

Liam McMonigle

I've played a few Sterling SUBs, the tone on them is great and the build quality is very good. I've also played Squier Jaguar's which are also very good for the money, but the fretwork on the SUBs are better IMO. On the other hand i prefer the look and the finish on the Squier Jaguar. So it would be a hard one if i had to choose
  7. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

I think at this level you aren't really going to find a discernible difference in quality between any of these you've listed here, they're all built to a similar price point; and what would be the winner for me (if I was spending on one of these) would be how it felt to me when playing on it.
  8. cableguy

cableguy

This.^^^

The Wick although nice, are usually pretty heavy if that matters.
  9. Bragiz

Bragiz

the rockbass is over my budget.. but i heard the streamer are nice aswell.
  10. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Out of that list:-

Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
    Warwick Streamer Standard
    Sterling by Musicman sub Ray 4

One of these in no particular order. It would depend on what kind of sound and feel you're looking for. I can attest to the quality of the Sterling Sub, I just bought one myself. Great quality and sounds fantastic.
  11. Thrash3r

Thrash3r

I'd go for the Vintage Modified Jaguar, to me they have better build quality than the others, the Ray 4 & Streamer are still nice basses though
  12. Bragiz

Bragiz

I Honestly can't decide between the Squire VM and the Ray 4
  13. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

The Yamaha basses are quite good. The Rockbass would be a nice choice too.
  14. Thrash3r

Thrash3r

I doubt you'll be disappointed with either of them.
  15. Maxdusty

I would recommend going to GC or any other local store and give both a try. I was there last week and must have tried 10-15 basses lol. Had $500-600 to spend, best one I found was one for half that price. Looked at MIM Fender P basses, the new Fender Modern player, a used MIA Fender Jazz, the Fender Jaguar bass, several Ibanez models - I bought the Sterling Sub Ray. Didn't walk out with it, I wanted the mint green one specifically so I bought it but had it shipped to me. Quality is amazing for the price.
  16. Bragiz

Bragiz

None of the guitar is available on the music store.. i must choose based on other people opinions... if i could try them i would but that's why i'm asking you guys..
  17. Maxdusty

What music do you like to play? Do you slap a lot? I guess these are some factors that would come into play.
    I would also recommend buying from a store with a good return policy (should you not like the bass you decide to get).
  18. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

I own a Squier VM Jaguar, but none of the others, so all I can speak to is the Jag. It's one of the first basses I bought, as my "budget" learner bass, and frankly, I've always been rather astonished at the quality for the price. Could you get a bass with better electronics, tuners, pickups, bridge, etc.? Sure! At THIS price point?

Not a chance.

[​IMG]

I have since acquired a few Classic Vibes, Fender Modern Players, and even a Fender AVRI 75 Jazz, along with a whole collection of vintage "T-series" Peaveys. The Jaguar can hang with this crowd, with nothing to be ashamed of.

[​IMG]

You will get years of service out of this bass. On a per-month price basis, you're talking pennies. Do it.

[​IMG]
  19. agreatheight

agreatheight

Sterling or Jag.
  20. FourBanger

FourBanger

Dean Hillsboro 09. Seriously. Best build and component quality for $200 these days. Seriously.
  21. Bragiz

Bragiz

How can i choose?