1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help me decide iPad Interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by joeybcdt, Feb 15, 2014.

1. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

I plan to use it as a guitar and bass interface recording with Pro Tools and practice/live with Jamup Pro.

I think I've got it down to 2 choices:

Sonoma Guitar Jack USB
    Sonuus i2M

Did I miss one that is better?
    Which is the better choice?

Thanks,
    Joey

2. Hellbastard

Hellbastard

Ik Multimedia's iRig HD.
    I just got one and it does a pretty decent Job. It has one problem though, it does not have it own Headphone amplifier, so you will have to use the iPad's Headphone Output. Which is not very powerful and can't really drive high quality headphones with 250 Ohm impedance.

3. Kubicki440

Kubicki440

You may want to check out the Apogee Jam for iPad. Not sure which generation iPad you have.

4. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

I bought the Sonoma Guitar Jack USB.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steamtronic

Steamtronic

7. gricko

gricko

line5 sonic port

8. seamonkey

seamonkey

9. funkateer86

funkateer86

If you only need one channel, the Apogee Jam and One are both great. The Duet is more versatile, for sure. I've got the Jam and it's a really nice sounding little interface, perfect for quick ideas and demos on the road or quiet practice. I think it really depends on your budget and what all you want to do with it. I hear pretty good things about the Focusrite stuff, too, so that may be worth a look.