Help me decide on G and L LB100

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Aug 2, 2013.

1. jcburn

jcburn

Hi everyone. As some context my ideal bass is a Jazz bass body with PJ pickups. I love my Dimarzio PJs.

Had the oppurtunity to pick up an awesome looking '91 G and L LB100 with BE maple board and vintage tint neck. Looks great and I assume it would play great but my biggest fear is the different body shape.

Can anyone tell me anything about how these basses would go for a rock tone, being used in conjunction with overdrive pedals and whether there is any neck dive with the large vintage tuners.

2. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Its a P bass. They define rock tone, over drive about as hard as anything passive can, and are not known to neck dive, except by one guy here on TB.

The lb100 is my favorite take on the precision bass-G&L build quality is great, and the sound and play fantastic. I'll probably own one within the year.

3. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

I have a new LB100 and I'm digging it. It is rock!

4. jcburn

jcburn

Neck dive folks?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Doctor J

Doctor J

Buy a good strap. Think about it, basses have had these tuners for over 60 years. If they were that much of a problem do you think basses would still be made with them? Most of the music you listen to was played on basses with big tuners. I have never played a bass with big tuners where neck dive made the situation untenable.

7. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

No neck dive on mine