1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help me figure something out.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by superHEAVYfunk, Dec 4, 2013.

1. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

So until now, I've always used combo amps or heads with a single cab. I've never had a reason or the GAS to own a big rig but these days, my band is playing bigger and bigger venues.

So I'm gonna buy me a 115 yorkville cab to add to my 210 (TC bc210)/pf500 rig. Now, here's where my questions come in:

1) the head has a speakon out and a 1/4". The TC cab has two speakon jacks - I'm assuming that it's so I can chain two cabs from the one out on the head.

The yorkville cab uses a 1/4". Does anyone know whether I can use both the 1/4" and the speakon out simultaneously?

2) will the extra cab really provide me with a significant amount of extra volume? The thing is, my 210 is being driven so hard these days, that it's distorting and it sounds horrible. I'm hoping that adding a second cab will somehow "spread" the load across the two of them and save me from blowing my drivers.

I've read a lot here on TB about phasing and such and I'm not at all concerned about that at this point. I just want to save my drivers and increase my overall stage volume. I can't afford a new head right now and the 115 is in my price range, which is why I'm considering it.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

1) Yes you can use both at the same time.

2) It should add greatly to the overall volume and allow for a lower "volume" knob position from the amp.

3. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

Thanks! 115 and awesome stage rig, here I come! :D