1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help me figure something out.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by superHEAVYfunk, Dec 4, 2013.

1. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    So until now, I've always used combo amps or heads with a single cab. I've never had a reason or the GAS to own a big rig but these days, my band is playing bigger and bigger venues.

So I'm gonna buy me a 115 yorkville cab to add to my 210 (TC bc210)/pf500 rig. Now, here's where my questions come in:

1) the head has a speakon out and a 1/4". The TC cab has two speakon jacks - I'm assuming that it's so I can chain two cabs from the one out on the head.

The yorkville cab uses a 1/4". Does anyone know whether I can use both the 1/4" and the speakon out simultaneously?

2) will the extra cab really provide me with a significant amount of extra volume? The thing is, my 210 is being driven so hard these days, that it's distorting and it sounds horrible. I'm hoping that adding a second cab will somehow "spread" the load across the two of them and save me from blowing my drivers.

I've read a lot here on TB about phasing and such and I'm not at all concerned about that at this point. I just want to save my drivers and increase my overall stage volume. I can't afford a new head right now and the 115 is in my price range, which is why I'm considering it.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

1) Yes you can use both at the same time.

2) It should add greatly to the overall volume and allow for a lower "volume" knob position from the amp.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Thanks! 115 and awesome stage rig, here I come! :D