Help me find the pedal used in this song!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mattafew, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mattafew

mattafew

Hey dudes!

If anyone can listen to this song and tell me what effect he's using at approximately 0:28?

http://youtu.be/Ta_pPAZeW9I

I really wanna recreate it!

My piece o' crap Boss OBD-3 certainly can't, is it another type of overdrive or distortion pedal? Or fuzz? If so what pedals do you recommend?

Thanks!

2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

FYI, youtube says it can't be viewed in the States.

3. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

Overdrive of some kind, but I doubt anyone could tell you just from listening. Could possibly be a cranked amp rather than a pedal.

Some good ODs are the Darkglass BK3/7, Tech 21 VT Bass, Tronographic Rusty Box and if you're not looking to spend a lot there's the Digitech Bass Driver.

4. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Ah, so I was too lazy earlier to notice the video had the title listed, so I looked up a few live versions. Personal opinion, sounds like a Sansamp to me. From the passing frames in some vids my bet is on a Tech21 sansamp programmable bddi. That said, I have an ODB-3, and you could actually get close to that sound with it. Try the Balance dialed back at around 8 o'clock or so (b/c it sounds like he has a lot of his clean signal mixed in) and keep the Gain knob dialed back in the same range, add til you get enough overdrive.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mattafew

mattafew

Cheers guys! I'll do a bit if research on those suggestions. Yeah I think it's more my OBD-3 is rubbish/broken more than its a bad pedal, very temperamental and unbelievable hiss.

It occurred to me that is might be his amp but I'd like it in a pedal so I can switch it on and off during songs.

Thanks guys!

7. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

Well any good OD should get you most of the way towards the sound, with a little EQing.