1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Help me find the pedal used in this song!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mattafew, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hey dudes!

If anyone can listen to this song and tell me what effect he's using at approximately 0:28?

http://youtu.be/Ta_pPAZeW9I

I really wanna recreate it!

My piece o' crap Boss OBD-3 certainly can't, is it another type of overdrive or distortion pedal? Or fuzz? If so what pedals do you recommend?

Thanks!

2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    FYI, youtube says it can't be viewed in the States.

3. Overdrive of some kind, but I doubt anyone could tell you just from listening. Could possibly be a cranked amp rather than a pedal.

Some good ODs are the Darkglass BK3/7, Tech 21 VT Bass, Tronographic Rusty Box and if you're not looking to spend a lot there's the Digitech Bass Driver.

4. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Ah, so I was too lazy earlier to notice the video had the title listed, so I looked up a few live versions. Personal opinion, sounds like a Sansamp to me. From the passing frames in some vids my bet is on a Tech21 sansamp programmable bddi. That said, I have an ODB-3, and you could actually get close to that sound with it. Try the Balance dialed back at around 8 o'clock or so (b/c it sounds like he has a lot of his clean signal mixed in) and keep the Gain knob dialed back in the same range, add til you get enough overdrive.

5. Sponsored by:

6. Cheers guys! I'll do a bit if research on those suggestions. Yeah I think it's more my OBD-3 is rubbish/broken more than its a bad pedal, very temperamental and unbelievable hiss.

It occurred to me that is might be his amp but I'd like it in a pedal so I can switch it on and off during songs.

Thanks guys!

7. Well any good OD should get you most of the way towards the sound, with a little EQing.