1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help Me ID These Strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gjbassist, Feb 2, 2014.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I picked up a used Jazz bass last weekend. I really like the strings that are on it. The guy I bought the bass from put them on there right after he got it but doesn't remember what brand they are. They are rounds with red silk on both ends and the ends at the bridge have gold ball or knobs or whatever those things are technically called.
  2. adi77

adi77

maybe ghs boomers
  3. adi77

adi77

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Boomer no silk at balls.

Rotosound swing bass 66
  5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Exactly. I have a set of Boomers. They have no silk on them.
    The Rotosounds look promising. I have not used the Regular Swing Bass 66 set so that might be the ones!
    Thanks!
  6. adi77

adi77

duhhh thats what the link says... with a photo so you could verify