1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help me identify my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jarred McFly, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Jarred McFly

Jarred McFly

Nov 29, 2012
    Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me something about this Burny bass I bought!

I got it quite cheap, and I think it's made in Japan. Up close you can tell it's quite old and, and it plays really well - very good construction and sound. I've looked all over the web but can't seem to find pictures or info about this model.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    that looks like their Thunderbird body with a EBO/3 style headstock ... I think Burny is part of/put out by/or something to do with Fernandes, did you check them ??

... I think I saw a while back TB'er T-Bird had one similar to that, only with the Thunderbird headstock, I think he was comparing it to his Gibson if I remember correctly .. try to contact him maybe?

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    cool looking bass I love the double P basses.

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
  5. Jarred McFly

Jarred McFly

Nov 29, 2012
    That's awesome - thanks!

6. Scott Sauna

Scott Sauna

Oct 12, 2012
    Oregon
    Looks more like an RD body. I guess it would help to know what it says on the headstock.

7. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    It looks like it might say Alvarez on the headstock. It's pretty hard to tell from this picture.

8. Darren Low

Darren Low

Sep 28, 2012
    Australia
    Since Burny is made by Fernandes, you ay find some stuff on the Fernandes website. They have catalogues going back to 1980 or so. It is a pain to look through though, and even more so if it ends up not being listed on there.

9. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. if you can make a contact at Fernandes, send them a pic to identify and give you a little history, etc

... google Fernandes MV 95NS and see if it looks similar ... it is a P/J, but a lot of the same characteristics