Help me identify my new Spector Rebop?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WwOliveros, Jan 21, 2013.

1. WwOliveros

WwOliveros

Got it on a craigslist deal, did a straight trade for an Sr505 I picked up for 250 last year. Opened up the back, has an Aguilar preamp, Emg Hz pickups.

Any info on what year/model it is would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. WwOliveros

WwOliveros

-

Attached Files:

3. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the Rebop has never had there Aggie preamp as standard so I'd assume its been retrofitted. The Rebop range is 10 years old so that will be the maximum age of your bass. That colour is not currently available so I'd guess it's one of the earlier ones. Somewhere between 5 and 10 years old at a guess, if that helps?
  4. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Spector Godfather Supporting Member

That ser # identifies it to be made in late 2001 and released in 2002. In 2001/2002, Spector did use Aguilar OBP1's in their czech made Euro and Rebop series. The neck on that bass has sticker inlays. Rebops from 2002 had std dot inlays. They added the crown inlays in 2004 and it was renamed the RebopDLX series.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

I also don't think the green was offered as a standard Color, it was a custom option. Nice bass! Awesome deal you got on that trade, too. I would've done it in an instant.
  7. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

I would say you won on that trade WOW be prepared for GAS for more SPECTORs now..
  8. WwOliveros

WwOliveros

Honestly, I don't like it haha. I'm wanting to go back to a Jazz, what would be a fair price to sell it for?
  9. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

The pre-amp may not be stock, and those inlay stickers are hideous. I'd pull off the stickers.
    I don't know about that colour being stock, either.
    You should have the neck pocket checked out, too. Make sure there's no additional damage from that chip.

A ReBop SHOULD have come with a non-trim TonePump with the EMG-HZ pickups.

Early ReBops, from what I can find, generally go for around $4-500 in great condition. GC has a red one for $450ish, I think.