Help me identify this warwick bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andreasnordbass, Mar 25, 2014.

1. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Tried out a warwick corvette bass at one of the local music stores and really liked it. The shopowner has decreased the price from about 1700 euros to 1000 euros but I don't know which specific corvette it is ( it seems to be discountinued aswell). I am considering to trade it for a Music man stingray which I bought used, because I liked this Warwick better although I would like someone to help my identify more specificially which model and price it has so that I don't make a bad deal.

Picture: http://www.bememusik.com/pictures/sortiment/10184.JPG

Thanks in advance!

2. awilkie84

awilkie84

What does it say on the truss rod cover? If it's a pro series, keep your Music Man, or sell it privately. It's worth more than the Korean Pro series Warwick. If it's a German, that sounds like a modest price. It also doesn't have a Just-A-Nut nut on it, which points to early 2000s Pro series?? I may be wrong on this, though.

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

It's certainly a Corvette Standard - looks like Ash. Impossible to tell more without knowing the year/place of manufacture. Can't even tell if it's active or passive from that picture. Is it new or used?

If it's used then 1000 euros seems a bit steep - that's used SS1 territory.

4. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Serial number:
    d 143612 08

Article number:
    1245780400CPASHOWW

produced:
    2008-04-21

Description:
    Corvette Standard, 5-string
    Emeraude Green Oil finish
    Swamp Ash body
    Ovangkol neck
    Chrome hardware

I went back to the store again and found a serial number which i filled in on the warwick website. I am completely new to warwick basses so I still don't know if it's a good deal. The bass is new but made in 2008 as you can see. Help please!:)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

It has obviously been in the store for a while so I assume that's why he has decreased the price

7. elBandito

elBandito

08 should be German. Price is too high tho.

8. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

What does a new one usually cost then? I downloaded the price listing pdf from their website and it said that a Corvette standard 5 with oil finish retailed for 3869 euro.

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

It was built in 2008 so it will be German. If you are set on a brand new Warwick then 1000 is probably as low as it gets, especially considering that Thomann are selling new Rockbass Corvettes for 845.

If you are open to a used bass you could pick up something similar in the 4-600 price range.

10. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

thanks for your answer! according to the previous poster the price is to high though, not sure who to beleive here