1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Help me identify this warwick bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andreasnordbass, Mar 25, 2014.

1. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Mar 25, 2014
    Tried out a warwick corvette bass at one of the local music stores and really liked it. The shopowner has decreased the price from about 1700 euros to 1000 euros but I don't know which specific corvette it is ( it seems to be discountinued aswell). I am considering to trade it for a Music man stingray which I bought used, because I liked this Warwick better although I would like someone to help my identify more specificially which model and price it has so that I don't make a bad deal.

Picture: http://www.bememusik.com/pictures/sortiment/10184.JPG

Thanks in advance!

2. What does it say on the truss rod cover? If it's a pro series, keep your Music Man, or sell it privately. It's worth more than the Korean Pro series Warwick. If it's a German, that sounds like a modest price. It also doesn't have a Just-A-Nut nut on it, which points to early 2000s Pro series?? I may be wrong on this, though.

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    Disclosures:
    I like turtles.
    It's certainly a Corvette Standard - looks like Ash. Impossible to tell more without knowing the year/place of manufacture. Can't even tell if it's active or passive from that picture. Is it new or used?

If it's used then 1000 euros seems a bit steep - that's used SS1 territory.

4. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Mar 25, 2014
    Serial number:
    d 143612 08

Article number:
    1245780400CPASHOWW

produced:
    2008-04-21

Description:
    Corvette Standard, 5-string
    Emeraude Green Oil finish
    Swamp Ash body
    Ovangkol neck
    Chrome hardware

I went back to the store again and found a serial number which i filled in on the warwick website. I am completely new to warwick basses so I still don't know if it's a good deal. The bass is new but made in 2008 as you can see. Help please!:)

5. Sponsored by:

6. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Mar 25, 2014
    It has obviously been in the store for a while so I assume that's why he has decreased the price

7. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    08 should be German. Price is too high tho.

8. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Mar 25, 2014
    What does a new one usually cost then? I downloaded the price listing pdf from their website and it said that a Corvette standard 5 with oil finish retailed for 3869 euro.

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    Disclosures:
    I like turtles.
    It was built in 2008 so it will be German. If you are set on a brand new Warwick then 1000 is probably as low as it gets, especially considering that Thomann are selling new Rockbass Corvettes for 845.

If you are open to a used bass you could pick up something similar in the 4-600 price range.

10. andreasnordbass

andreasnordbass

Mar 25, 2014
    thanks for your answer! according to the previous poster the price is to high though, not sure who to beleive here

11. Disaster Ar3a

Disaster Ar3a

Apr 23, 2015
    I was also looking at this bass online? Was it new or 2nd hand? (tho that would mean it had been in the shop forever!)