Help me w my pedal chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bikeplate, Feb 13, 2014.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Hey all. I've had my board for years and was gonna spend some time with it next couple days. Clean everything up, make sure all is ready for another 500 gigs. So I'm looking for advice from people with experience with a pedal chain and it's order. Never thought much about it until tonight. What order should they be in? This is what I have. Digital strobe tuner, Demeter compressor, 3 leaf envelope filter, ebs Sheehan overdrive, analog man chorus, Aguilar octave pedal. Love them all. What's first, what's last. Does it matter? Thanks in advance

Rob

2. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

I would put the tuner first, then the drive, filter, octave, chorus and the compressor last. But experiment with it. That's where a lot of the fun was/is for me. You've got some fun pedals, btw.

3. JohnDeereJack

JohnDeereJack

I'd do Tuner first then [*option 1] Comp into Octave (gives the OC a nice stable signal) > OD > [*option 2] Filter into Comp (to even out any volume spikes your filter may produce) > Chorus.

*experiment with options 1 & 2 to see what best suits your playing style.

4. bikeplate

Cool guys. Gonna get on it later today after I build this igloo!! Lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I'd do: Octave>Filter>Comp>Dirt>Chorus (tuner 1st or last, doesn't matter)

Filters and octaves IME usually want a good strong signal sent to them, so those go up front. I prefer to have a compressed sound going into dirt rather than my dirt get further compressed...so comp before dirt. Time based stuff always go last...

If you use the filter and the dirt together experiment with their order. Dirt>Filter or Filter>Dirt. See which way works better for you, especially if you're running them with the octave for a synthy tone.

7. bikeplate

Success. Tore everything apart Cleaned up the boxes and applied some new Velcro. Played around with different orders. The one I liked best at the house was tuner~octave~filer~compressor~overdrive~chorus. I like how the compressor cured some of the spikes I was getting from the filter. All else sounds killer! See how it all sounds on stage

8. bikeplate