HELP ! NEED TO REPLACE A BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Brown_Bear_13, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Brown_Bear_13

Brown_Bear_13

So the Bridge on my Ibanez SR800LE Gave out on me and i need to get a replacement i just dont know what kind of bridge to get they have pictures on some websites but they dont really help. Any suggestions ???

This is what's left of my original bridge

Attached Files:

2. tmdazed

tmdazed

put a badass on it and call it a day , you can order them in multiple configurations and relatively low cost. Just match it up to your needs

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Whatever you do, make sure the stringspacing is the same as your old bridge.
    The SR have most of the time, 16.5 mm string spacing. Not sure if it's the same for you.

4. Bobster

Bobster

Hi Brown_Bear_13,

The late-1980s SR800LE came with an Omni-Adjust bridge made for Ibanez by Gotoh and the spacing is 19mm.

So you should be able to use about any 19mm spaced bridge on it. I would look for one with the same (or very close) base dimensions to keep from having a bunch of visible screw holes.

All the best,

Bob

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grisezd

grisezd

I can't make out in the photo what the problem is. Did it break somehow?

7. mr.black

mr.black

thats based on the Gotoh 206 and has been long discontinued. the only thing i can add when finding a replacement is maybe take the opportunity to upgrade to a top loading bridge like a hipshot or stuff that gotoh does now, but i dont think theres a direct replacement for those mounting points. PM me and let me know if you want to get rid of whats left of your bridge.

8. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yeah, what actually "gave out"?

9. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

There is no shortage of bridges on ebay ...

I like the olp stingray bridges a lot.

10. bumperbass

bumperbass

11. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Yeah: Howabout a clear photo, and an explanation as to what's wrong with it.

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Moved and seconded. Bridges seldom "give out"...there are specific issues which you should be able to enumerate. If you don't like the bridge, or it's the wrong color, or you lost a set screw, just say so. And the photo in the first post is useless. Please try it again with actual light present.