1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help needed regarding cab/head wattage.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HarryWS, Dec 14, 2012.

1. HarryWS

HarryWS

Dec 14, 2012
    Hello guys, I'm a very inexperienced bassist (I've been playing for just under a month) and I'm in need of a new amp.
    Ideally I'd like a stack/half stack and I've seen a half that I'm interested in. It's a Gallien Krueger Backline 600 combined with a GK 410 MBX cab. The head is 300 watts and 4 ohms whereas the cab is 400 watts and 8 ohms. What problems can this cause and how can I prevent them?
    Here's a link to the stack http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Gallien-Krueger-BL600-+-410MBX-Bass-Stack~ID~17628.asp
    Cheers.

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    That combination will cause you NO problems what so ever, It just means the head is stable down to a 4 ohm load and going with a 8 ohm cab means that you can add another 8 ohm cab later on if you wish....

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Read the stickies in this section regarding wattage/ohms/impedance/etc....

Some really good info there.

5. HarryWS

HarryWS

Dec 14, 2012
    Thanks for the info, will the difference in wattage be a problem? I was doing some reading up and there was talk of cab speakers being fried and what not

6. JHAz

JHAz

Jun 29, 2011
    read the sticky.

7. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

No. No problem there, at all, period. :)