1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help needed regarding cab/head wattage.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HarryWS, Dec 14, 2012.

1. HarryWS

HarryWS

Hello guys, I'm a very inexperienced bassist (I've been playing for just under a month) and I'm in need of a new amp.
    Ideally I'd like a stack/half stack and I've seen a half that I'm interested in. It's a Gallien Krueger Backline 600 combined with a GK 410 MBX cab. The head is 300 watts and 4 ohms whereas the cab is 400 watts and 8 ohms. What problems can this cause and how can I prevent them?
    Here's a link to the stack http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Gallien-Krueger-BL600- -410MBX-Bass-Stack~ID~17628.asp
    Cheers.
  2. tdub0199

tdub0199

That combination will cause you NO problems what so ever, It just means the head is stable down to a 4 ohm load and going with a 8 ohm cab means that you can add another 8 ohm cab later on if you wish....
  3. skychief

skychief Supporting Member

Read the stickies in this section regarding wattage/ohms/impedance/etc....

Some really good info there.
  4. HarryWS

HarryWS

Thanks for the info, will the difference in wattage be a problem? I was doing some reading up and there was talk of cab speakers being fried and what not
  5. JHAz

JHAz

read the sticky.
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

No. No problem there, at all, period. :)