Help on deciding a new Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by varcingetorige, Jan 9, 2014.

1. varcingetorige

varcingetorige

hello everyone, I need you opinion to decide over a few opportunities to get a Fender. :hyper:

I mostly play Blues, Rock/Blues, Pop, some Fusion/Funk, anyways here is the list with relative prices, I'd like to get the best compromise in playability, sound, re-selling and of course... the less I spend the better!

1. FENDER PRECISION JAPAN 1993 SUNBURST - $800
    2. FENDER PRECISION BASS 57 REISSUE JAPAN BLACK WITH SEYMOUR DUNCAN SPB-1 1989 - $800
    3. FENDER PRECISION CLASSIC '50 - $740
    4. FENDER JAZZ BASS CLASSIC 70 SUNBURST MIM - $600
    5. FENDER PRECISION SPECIAL-DELUXE SERIES MIM - $540
    6. FENDER PRECISION 60TH - $680
    7. SQUIER PRECISION CLASSIC VIBE 60'S FIESTA RED - $400

Which would be the best investment? :bassist:

Thank you soooooooooo much!
  2. pedroims

pedroims

All of them are good choices, play all and chose they one you like the most, none of them are truly an investment, as a hobbiest I myself consider basses an expense, if a will be a gigging musician then I will consider them as a tool.
  3. headband

headband Supporting Member

Have you made the decision between Pbass or Jazz? Seems you are leaning to Pbass as only one Jazz is listed.
  4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

All good. I'd probably go with #2 or 3. Have you tried any/all of them? If you prefer a smaller neck, throw my recommendations out the window. They both have the 1.75" nut width.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. varcingetorige

varcingetorige

Thank you guys! It happens I'm gigging around so, I should consider it a tool (beside I'm an amateur). Soon I should be part of a Blues Brothers tribute band, anyways I'm in the phase.

Yes, I'm leaning towards a Pbass, beside I love jazz bass as well and the listed price looks really attractive. I've a list of standard J bass mim which I can choose, around the same price.
  7. varcingetorige

varcingetorige

I was thinking as well about those options.

I love jazz bass but the standard neck tends to be a bit "narrowish" for my hands.
  8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Dunno about "ïnvestment" but I'd dig the reissue
  9. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

None of those basses will ever be collectable, so none are a suitable "investment". Your best choice in your list would be one of the 2 Japanese Pbasses. Problem is, they're WAY overpriced. Both of those basses should be in the $500 range.

I'm guessing these prices are from GC? Your best "value" on that list would be the Squier CV Precision
  10. varcingetorige

varcingetorige

Great advice! Thank you!

For "investment" I wouldn't mean "collectable" but the best rate between value/re-selling possibilities.

The prices are referred to Italy (where I am) and here, unfortunately, everything is a bit overpriced :rolleyes:

Just to give a reference here are some prices for brand new basses in italy (average) :

- PBass classic '50 - $ 1.090,00
    - Squier PBass classic vibe - $ 600
    - JBass classic '70 - $ 1.110,00
  11. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Ah, ok... I didn't notice you were in Italy.

Then the Squier CV in Fiesta Red is definitely your best buy. Those basses retail for $379 in the US, so at $400, you're pretty close to prices over here.
  12. Grissle

Grissle

I say #2