1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help picking a Joyo Dirt pedal!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Veldar, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Well, well after my pickup thread went so well, I thought I should ask what dirty/fuzzy Baroness tone, I play with my fingers near the neck and mix both pickups and I just covered my tweeter with tape.(so much better :bassist:)

Anyway the choices are:

• JF15 California Sound - Tech 21 Character, California
    • JF-16 British Sound - Tech 21 Character, British
    • JF-17 Extreme Metal - EHX Metal Muff
    • JF-04 High Gain Distortion - Marshall Shredmaster

I would list the OCD clone, but I really like having EQ options on my dirt pedals other wise I can't tial in the right amount of finger clacking.

2. AudioClown

AudioClown

Nov 14, 2013
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. That particular tone in that video sounds like a scooped muff or Boss ODB-3 kind of sound to me. It does sound great, didn't know they had a new album out so will have to check it out! I haven't tried the others but can tell you that American Sound pedal (which I do have) and therefore probably the British also, won't really get you there.

I looked up pics of Nick Jost's board and it looks like a Big Muff and Fulltone Bass Drive (although who knows if that's what's on the record).

I go for a similarly heavy tone myself with either an overdrive boosting into a Bass Big Muff, or just a plain old Boss ODB-3.

I notice he's also playing a Yamaha BB there like myself, no wonder I recognise the tone as being similar to my own!

5. ^ When I saw him he had a 5 string jazz variant, was the best sounding bass from the festival, so the metal muff would be the closest?