1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help.. Pre-Gibson Tobias Killer B Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass2Bass7, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Bass2Bass7

Bass2Bass7

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Roscoe Guitars, Uncontained Sound, Sit Strings,
    Picked up a Pre-Gibson Tobias Killer B Bass at a Pawn Shop for $800.00 Works Great Plays Great but does anyone out there have a Wiring Schematic or Diagram. Think the previous owner may have done something to it. So just trying to make sure. Any Help would be great... Thanks!

2. Brams77

Brams77 Supporting Member

How did you go about knowing it actually is a pre Nashville tobias, they are pretty rare...
    For the wiring what does the main tone control unit say Bartolini TCT or NTMB?
    You can search for those on this forum I know both schematics are floating around here...

3. wmheilma

wmheilma

The old Tobias basses used a Bartolini TCT back in the late 80's. The wiring diagrams are on the Bartolini site.

4. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

A picture of the controls and more importantly a close up of the electronics cavity might help those who know more about such things identify any modifications.

I'm not sure any Killer B's were made before the Gibson buyout in 1990. I know the 91 or 92 (forget) I had bought as a "pre Gibson" was confirmed by Michael Tobias and Gibson to be a Gibson owned product. The seller had thrown on the "magic words" to make it seem more valuable. Happens sometimes out of ignorance as well. Shame, since the one I had was a great bass regardless of who made it.

5. Register to disable this ad