1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help Reading this Tab

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Llaslo, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Llaslo

Llaslo

Hello all, I'm kind of new here and I've been working on learning bass by going through several books and such. I'm a bit confused about how to play a tab that looks like this. I know this is a really stupid question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.tabsforworship.com/tab/13.htm

Thanks!
  2. obimark

obimark

Looks like the bass should play those two note chords and then the single notes. The strings should be marked EADG, part of the problem right there. Either way try that and see if it sounds right.
  3. mr sprocket

mr sprocket Supporting Member

The tab gives you an idea. It is meant for the "D" string to be a drone effect similar to Celtic guitar parts. Let the it ring throughout. You can play the the "D" when changing notes on the "G" string. This video is pretty close.

4. Llaslo

Llaslo

Thanks, that was very helpful! I appreciate it.