1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HELP! TENDONITIS??

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by coddiaz11, Feb 20, 2013.

1. coddiaz11

coddiaz11

hey people, 3 days ago i spent 4 hours practicing and during the end i started getting some weird (small electric shock like) spasms on my left arm tendon, when i finished it was actually hurting. so i havent been playing since and the pain has gone, but i can still feel something is wrong. especially on my left wrist i have a sort of painless pulled muscle feeling.. i tried playing again about ten minutes ago and i could feel that carrying on would have hurt. seeing as i have a gig in a week do you have any tips? im pretty concerned about this so if u recognize the symptoms please help. thanx
  2. dtripoli

dtripoli

I am not a doctor and I am not diagnosing.

Had a similar thing happen. Playing a long gig and during the last 2 songs my hands cramped up and hurt like crazy. Had pain and numbness for 3-4 days so I went to doctor and he said "Tendonitis"
    Treatment was; Ibuprofen and don't play for 4 weeks. Then, start back easy. Do stretches and warm ups before you play. I did all that but it was 8 weeks before I got back up to speed.

Note: There are lots of threads here about various hand/wrist injuries. Always see a doctor first.
  3. coddiaz11

coddiaz11

yes i suppose i will have to see a doctor.. anyway i hope it won't take 4 weeks!!! thanx
  4. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

Straighten your wrists while you're playing.
  5. champbassist

champbassist

6. coddiaz11

coddiaz11