HELP! TENDONITIS??

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by coddiaz11, Feb 20, 2013.

1. coddiaz11

coddiaz11

hey people, 3 days ago i spent 4 hours practicing and during the end i started getting some weird (small electric shock like) spasms on my left arm tendon, when i finished it was actually hurting. so i havent been playing since and the pain has gone, but i can still feel something is wrong. especially on my left wrist i have a sort of painless pulled muscle feeling.. i tried playing again about ten minutes ago and i could feel that carrying on would have hurt. seeing as i have a gig in a week do you have any tips? im pretty concerned about this so if u recognize the symptoms please help. thanx
  2. dtripoli

dtripoli

I am not a doctor and I am not diagnosing.

Had a similar thing happen. Playing a long gig and during the last 2 songs my hands cramped up and hurt like crazy. Had pain and numbness for 3-4 days so I went to doctor and he said "Tendonitis"
    Treatment was; Ibuprofen and don't play for 4 weeks. Then, start back easy. Do stretches and warm ups before you play. I did all that but it was 8 weeks before I got back up to speed.

Note: There are lots of threads here about various hand/wrist injuries. Always see a doctor first.
  3. coddiaz11

coddiaz11

yes i suppose i will have to see a doctor.. anyway i hope it won't take 4 weeks!!! thanx
  4. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

Straighten your wrists while you're playing.
  5. champbassist

champbassist

6. coddiaz11

coddiaz11