1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help with a decision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Parkerblades, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    I'm going to put a different pickgaurd on my steve Harris p bass. Either looking at tort. Grey pearl or white pearl. What do y'all think.

2. KablesP

KablesP

Oct 29, 2013
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    Well that's is an option but not what I'm wanting to do.

5. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    White pearl would work well. Or....

I found these on MF for $23. Any of them would look good on that blue sparkle P.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots of options out there. :meh:

6. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
  7. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

Sep 30, 2012
    west Texas
    Tort goes really well with that blue and the maple neck. I love Pearloid but tort IMO would really set it off.

8. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Aug 11, 2012
    elsewhere
    I don't like gray pearl on anything, so I guess, out of your two choices, I gotta go with white pearl. But I really like the third PG in Neener's post. :)

9. Tbone76

Tbone76

Aug 24, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    With the choices you gave, I'd go with white pearl with that color bass. Regular parchment or solid black may be a good match, too.

10. I like different pickgaurds on different finishes. I like tort on sunburst but only on sunburst. I like black mainly on basses with black hardware. I think matte black looks nice on natural basses

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Don't do it the value will fall sir please don't

12. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    Mjac28. Why would it make the value fall. I won't be throwing away the original pickgaurd. I love the bass as is jUSt kinda wNt to make it my own in some way. And the morrow pickgaurd is a pain because the only way it looks good and great is if it is super polished and clean. Which you have to do constantly.