1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help with a minor repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flipmouse, Dec 13, 2012.

1. flipmouse

flipmouse

Hey all...asking humbly for useful advice: .I have an active bass (MTD Kingston Heir) and the battery contact is poorly soldered...one wire has already fallen off. I have zip skills with soldering small things and have little experience in repair, and the connection for the second wire looks pretty weak. Is there a 9v contact out there that is easy to work with and/or more robust than factory equip? Thanks in advance.
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

It's likely you could get your hands on a better quality 9v connector but it still needs to be soldered on. The stock will be fine once it has a decent solder joint.
  3. flipmouse

flipmouse

Ok thx. Was just hoping I could DIY w/o a lot of fuss. But guess no.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

You can if you learn to solder! It's really easy and tutorials abound on the web.
  5. bumperbass

bumperbass

Surprisingly, I found some 9V clips at Radio Shack. They are solid plastic instead of riveted in contacts on a thin piece of cardboard. I've used these on a few projects and they survive the 'use a screwdriver to pry it off the battery' abuse. They come in a pack.