Help With A New Bass (Upton, Emporium, Lemur?)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by DBDill, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DBDill

DBDill

I was hoping for some insight into the different basses around $7,000 from any major outlet. Anyone have any input/recommendations? Thanks
  2. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Could you tell us what shops your in driving distance of?

Im going to be posting a review or two in the next month of the 5600 dollar carved line from KC Strings. i can tell you on first impressions that they are monsters. The shop is amazing and have have lots of great basses, new and old.
  3. Dave Irwin

Dave Irwin

For 7k and some patience, you can find a nice old bass too. Get to know the players/teachers in your area as well as getting to the best shops you can. In addition to playing the basses yourself, ask the seller/shop owner to A/B some basses for you. That really helped me find my current "old" bass.
  4. powerbass

powerbass

Your OP is too vague - what kind of music do you play, what are you looking for in a bass etc. Be specific. Do you want customer service feedback, quality control.... You will hear over and over - you gotta get out and play basses to see which one resonates for you.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. boylebass

boylebass

The ISB conference is in June in Rochester, NY. You will rarely <never?> have a chance to see so many instruments in one place. All the purveyors you have mentioned are usually there. If you do your homework, you'll be rewarded.

I bought my main bass at the ISB in OKC (2007). A carved Juzek <label> from 1930, freshly restored by Dustin Williams, for $4.5K. Not a bad value.