1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help with basic midi wiring...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by glennq, Jan 19, 2013.

1. glennq

glennq Glenn Quader Supporting Member

Help with MIDI cable routing on bass synth rig
    Hi from the newb,
    I am seeking advice on some very basic midi wiring for my not so basic synthbass rig.

My goal is to be able to use the editors for all three modules simultaneously...

I will post detailed pics/specs of this setup soon, but here is the basic midi chain now:

FCB1010 Controller (OUT)>>>(IN)BEHINGER V-AMPBASS (OUT/THRU)>>>(IN)AXON-AX100 (THRU)>>>IN)TASCAM MKII122 (OUT) >>> BACK TO FCB1010 MIDI IN

I need to maintain a loop for the editors, but i have huge differences when switching between the AXON midi out and midi thru (2 separate jacks), the V-AMP program numbers are then all whacked out...

I have tried different arrangements in the chain, but the end result is all but one of the modules responding to PG changes or editors.

I am sure there is a good solution, and sorry if this is not the right forum, I just figured out my login after way too long.

Here's an overview of the rig:

The bass is thru-neck mid-grade Korean made, Hishot A, with Graphtech peizo saddles, Graphtech Midi interface, Graphtech Bass Preamp, Bartolini passive Jazz magnetic pickups, Mid/dark switch, Bass1/Bass2/Both switch, Synth/Basses/Both switch, MIDI Program up/down rocker switch, Passive Vol/Vol/Tone knobs for Bartolinis, MIDI Out, Stereo Basses out

All above gear is integrated with rack-mounted Mac Mini running Mainstage & Logic live, USB MIDI/AUDIO Interface, 12 Channel Mackie Mixer:All controlled with rack-mounted floating 24 inch Elo Touch Screen. Dig it.

Carver PM 300 (high end)
    Carver PM 2.0t (low end

EV 15/Horn
    Ampeg 2 X 10/horn

Thanks again for any help,
    Glenn

Attached Files: