1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

help with color choice

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by thebassbuilder, Nov 20, 2013.

?

neck color choice

1. black

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. black with white headstock face

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. white

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. natural with white headstock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    I have a bass I am about to paint and want to know what color to paint the neck? I normally do not like painted necks and like to see the wood but this bass got some CA on the back of the neck that gives it this yellow tent that I do not like. I tried adding some Shalac to blend the natural wood color but it still stands out. So I am thinking of doing the bass in a Duff McKagan style with a black neck and head stock. The Body will be white regardless. So I three choice in regards to painting the neck a solid color:

- Black neck and headstock

- White neck and headstock

- black neck with white headstock

See picture so you can see what the bass will look like and let me know. The Specs of the bass will be White body, black pickguard, chrome hardware and a rosewood fingerboard.
  2. StevieMac

StevieMac

I'd go all white personally.
  3. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    Here is a picture of the stain on the back of the neck. My goal is to sell this bass so I do not want to sell something sub par. Let me know if you think this is bad enough to make you not want to buy it because of the stain?
  4. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

Emerald green . (heh)
  5. PhatRon

PhatRon supporting member Supporting Member

with the RW board I'd go all white also
  6. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    All white was my first thought but wanted to get others opinions on it.