1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help with Factory Wiring Problem! SRXXV

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SR Addict, Jan 25, 2014.

1. SR Addict

SR Addict

Hey guys,

Admittedly, I don't like screwing around with wiring inside my guitars. And I suck when it comes to looking at wiring diagrams.

I have this Ibanez SRXXV, and when I went to replace the battery today, I noticed that the white wire from the input jack wasn't connected to, well, anything... It's definitely soldered, but the way it was left hanging, doesn't appear to be close to many other connections/wires. The only thing I can tell is that perhaps it belongs on that red box below from the mid cut switch as there is an empty terminal on there that also looks like it has been previously soldered.

I was just curious if anyone had an SR1200/1205/1206 kicking around with the Nordy Big Singles and preamp if they could just take a quick look for me as to what their's is doing.

I attached a file highlighting what I'm referring to.

Thanks guys and gals. And sorry if this is a clear as day fix. I just don't want to bust the soldering station out until I'm sure. ;)

Attached Files:

2. JustForSport

JustForSport

Looks like a solder spot on the side/end of the jack...just to the right in the photo.
    A ground jumper?

3. SR Addict

SR Addict

Good eye. Didn't even see that there. The way the wire was lying, that makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out. :)