1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help with info on a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vobass13, Nov 20, 2013.

1. vobass13

vobass13

Nov 20, 2013
    This bass is located near me and I can't find any info on it. If anyone has ever owned one or could tell me about it and how it plays and maybe what it's worth I would really appreciate it. I can make out the ARIA PRo 2 but there's no serial number or any identifying marks on the neck plate. Thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. vobass13

vobass13

Nov 20, 2013
    They want 150 for it. Do you know anything about it?

5. Wallace320

Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    here's its present correspondin' item
    http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stb-jb
    http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stb-jb-dx

it's been awhile since Aria had to change headstock, which originally looked very Fender "Aerodynish", Legend logo apart...

If it's the first, you'll have Vol/Vol/Tone. If the second, you'll have Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass.
    other than poor electronic, a well crafted bass, as always Aria.

Given the horrible state of maintenance, and the cruelty to dive screws back in it, you should talk it down a lot. then a good setup and cleanup and it'll be in regular operatin' order

Cheers,
    Wallace

6. vobass13

vobass13

Nov 20, 2013
    So is this the model bc I have read that they made these in the 70's and 80's. Is there any way of telling what year it is? Also I doubt I'll be able to talk him down too much bc I'm serving in Afghanistan and these guys at the bazaars are not hagglers

7. If it is in a store without a serial number, I'd be walking. Ask your local law enforcement about this one.

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Making a fuss about what is basically an older low end Japanese knock off in what looks like not great condition seems like a lot of work for either you or law enforcement.

I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for it.

9. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Guys. It's in a bazaar in Afghanistan. I don't think the po-po is going to be to concerned that it doesn't have a serial number on it.

10. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland