Help with info on a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vobass13, Nov 20, 2013.

1. vobass13

vobass13

This bass is located near me and I can't find any info on it. If anyone has ever owned one or could tell me about it and how it plays and maybe what it's worth I would really appreciate it. I can make out the ARIA PRo 2 but there's no serial number or any identifying marks on the neck plate. Thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

How much $$$$ ?
  3. vobass13

vobass13

They want 150 for it. Do you know anything about it?
  4. Wallace320

Wallace320

here's its present correspondin' item
    http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stb-jb
    http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stb-jb-dx

it's been awhile since Aria had to change headstock, which originally looked very Fender "Aerodynish", Legend logo apart...

If it's the first, you'll have Vol/Vol/Tone. If the second, you'll have Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass.
    other than poor electronic, a well crafted bass, as always Aria.

Given the horrible state of maintenance, and the cruelty to dive screws back in it, you should talk it down a lot. then a good setup and cleanup and it'll be in regular operatin' order

Cheers,
    Wallace
  5. vobass13

vobass13

So is this the model bc I have read that they made these in the 70's and 80's. Is there any way of telling what year it is? Also I doubt I'll be able to talk him down too much bc I'm serving in Afghanistan and these guys at the bazaars are not hagglers
  6. carl h.

carl h.

If it is in a store without a serial number, I'd be walking. Ask your local law enforcement about this one.
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Making a fuss about what is basically an older low end Japanese knock off in what looks like not great condition seems like a lot of work for either you or law enforcement.

I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for it.
  8. TinIndian

TinIndian

Guys. It's in a bazaar in Afghanistan. I don't think the po-po is going to be to concerned that it doesn't have a serial number on it.
  9. GM60466

GM60466

$50 tops