1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Help with my kubicki preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by vrossi, Feb 9, 2014.

1. vrossi

vrossi

My kubicki exfactor suddenly wont switch between active with midboost and active flat. Whenever i switch to active with midboost it sounds the same as active flat. Any ideas how to fix this?
  2. RobbieK

RobbieK

Wow, a blast from the past. I haven't seen one of those for years. Probably a faulty switch. Also possibly a loose or dry solder connection.
  3. vrossi

vrossi

hi robbiek. Thanks for your reply.

I found a loose solder on the switch. resoldered it again hoping it would solve the problem. Nothing. Tried contact cleaner on the switch. Nothing. Good thing I still got my jazz bass & sterling...

thinking on investing on more "normal" basses..
  4. Kubicki440

Kubicki440

Could be a bad switch, solder (or another type) bridge, or another bad connection. Do you have a Multi-Meter?
  5. vrossi

vrossi

No multi meter sir. I find it weird since everything works fine except the active with midboost mode.
  6. vrossi

vrossi

Solved it! Found a broken solder under a capacitor.