1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help with my rig!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by IBtheBassist, Nov 21, 2012.

1. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

I have a HA3000 hooked up to a Hartke 410XL. Is there anything else I should put with it or am I good to go? I've always used combo amps so I'm pretty new to this part of the gear game. Any helpful tips on what I should get will be highly appreciated!

2. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows Supporting Member

Should be good! Seems like a good step up from a combo setup.

3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist

Make sure you are using a speaker cable to connect head and cab, and not an instrument cable. Then, make some noise!

4. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

ok, cool. I made sure to go out and get a speaker cable. I wanna do more to it, though, but I don't really know what to do first, haha.. Should I start with getting a rack?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist

I have found that as soon as I buy a rack case, I fall in love with a non-rackmount amp. Then, as soon as I sell the rack case, I will fall in love with a rackmount amp.
    Welcome to the gear cycle!

7. Rockbassist4

Rockbassist4

Your rig is fine. Go have some fun with it.

8. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    +1 to making sure you have a proper speaker cable. Other than that, you're good to go, plug and play.

Can add another 410xl if you want to get super loud, or effects pedals if you want some different sounds the amp can't provide by itself but what you have there can do most any gig.

9. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

10. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

well, I have a zoom B1 pedal and a wah pedal.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Plug it in between the bass and amp, and have some fun. You're good to go.

12. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

i dunno, i kinda feel like i need more stuff to add to it. not just pedals, but like...well, y'know how people have all sorts of stuff on the racks.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Get a 6-space rack, then put in a power conditioner, rack-mount tuner, Avalon U5 and your amp.

14. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

You have been hanging around talkbass too long and caught sympathy GAS. It's a disease. You're lucky you haven't developed full blown GAS. If you carry on prompting someone will suggest something you see as indispensible to your tone. Then you're stuffed, you got the GAS. Run away now.

15. dincz

dincz

Sounds like you're looking for a solution when you haven't found a problem yet.

16. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

You may be right, downunderwonder. in fact, you are right. i don't even know what my rig sounds like and won't know till this weekend. but i'm sure there are things that every bassist should have.

17. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

18. xroads

xroads

Practice and play as much as you can.....I always notice that when I play more, at some point my equipment is at its limits. This is when I ask the question what to add...

19. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

the b1 has a built in tuner.. idk, i guess i'll ask when I know what I want, haha.

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    That's exactly right. Most of those complex rigs were built to address specific needs, not just a bunch of random stuff thrown together because the player thought they would need it. At this point, you don't need any more than what you have. Later on, you can consider getting more stuff. Or not. I know a heck of a lot of pro bass players who go bass/amp.

21. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    An instrument, an amp, and a groove. :smug:

Seriously though, I've never really wanted or needed anything more than a little tube compression and a lot of volume in 8 years and counting.