Help with Orange Terror Bass Repair

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jmbjandfam, Feb 4, 2014.

1. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

My son uses an Orange Terror Bass 500 (which is out of warranty) and at a show tonight, it must have gotten kicked or something hit it because the plastic Gain knob has popped off. He still has the knob but it looks like the Gain shaft is bent and it's floppy in its hole.

I tried to tighten the washer that holds the outer shaft in place but when I do, the inner shaft will no longer rotate like its supposed to and when you do turn it, it loosens up the entire shaft again.

Is this something that can be repaired easily, possibly by myself or is this something that will need an amp tech?

Thanks for any advice!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Unless you have experience de-soldering and soldering PC board components you best have a tech do it. Could be the difference between a $5 pot and $60 labor or a $350 repair with a new preamp board.
  3. jmbjandfam

OK thanks, no experience in that area so sounds like I need to look for a good repair tech.

Anybody have any recommendations in central N.C.?
  4. B-string

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmbjandfam

Thanks again, I found one listed in Raleigh NC which is about and hour 1/2 away. I appreciate the responses!
  7. B-string

That's why we hang here! Someone may know of someone closer to you they have had good dealings with and chime in. If not glad that thread helped. :cool: