help with Streamer

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by jeremy_p, Feb 11, 2013.

1. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

I've found a guy selling an older Streamer but I can't nail down exactly which model it is. He bought it 10 years ago used, serial numbers sanded off, is neck thru with passive/active P/J pickups. Also has gold hardware and yin yang inlays and says made in Germany. I think it's an LX but I'm not sure. It's listed at a very nice price so I'm leary. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    That is interesting.........based on the trussrod coveer I'd say its a late eighties model, the inlays look like a stage two streamers inlays but those were a pair of singles. Neck through and PJ speaks of an early stage one? Possibly it might be a transition or custom order? If you go to the warwick site you can send pictures to germany. They are normally very quick in getting back to you with information. I've had alot of wicks but none like this one.............i'll be interested to know what it is myself. Please post here once you get a 100% accurate answer (send pictures to Warwick germany) :-0

PS_i'd probably buy it no matter what given what it is.........its definitely a wick......LOL
  3. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Depending on the price, I'd jump on that one.
  4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    It appears to be an early Streamer Stage 1 Bass, possibly around 1990. By the photos, which are hard to see clearly - it seems to have a maple neck with Wengé stringers, which would be a change from the original Streamer Bass that had a mostly Wengé neck with Maple stringers. The inlays could have been a custom order - and in 1991 all Streamer basses stopped getting position markers on the fingerboard. Do you know if it has EMG or MEC pickups? If its in solid condition, that is a great bass, IMO. Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

I'm buying it, the guy wants $350 plus shipping. When I get it I'll post some photos and maybe sound clips. I'm stoked, I love old Warwicks. Thank yall.
  7. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

The pickups are MEC.
  8. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

$350?! Killer deal! Even if there were something wrong, that's still an amazing price. Get it now before he changes his mind!
  9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
  10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Good Lord! Buy it now, before anyone else learns about this deal.
  11. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

That's the Score of the week. Sounds like a good idea for a new thread.
  12. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

Absolute steal. Buy it now. Id say its gotta be worth $800, in that condition no problem
  13. pgolliher

pgolliher

Sorry to be buzzkill, but why do you think the serial numbers are sanded off? Low price, no serial numbers= probably stolen.
  14. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

Yeah, buzzkill. I'll call the local police department and inquire from them. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can get more info.
  15. pgolliher

pgolliher

I hope it is all good man and you get an awesome bass at a great price!
  16. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

Ok, got the skinny. He gave me the store that he purchased it from. Also, it needs some work. There is some fret buzz so he took it to a shop and they wanted $200 to repress the frets. Sounds like it just needs set up properly and I've done that to Warwicks before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Well, if he was talking about a fret dress that would be great....but at that price even a re-fret would be worth it! Keep us posted...thanks!
  18. pgolliher

pgolliher

Yes- that will be a banging bass! I sold a Streamer Pro-M, in natural years ago and I totally regret it. That is dream bass!
  19. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

Ok, had to sell some things quick but I bought it! With shipping, insurance and paypal fees it came to just shy of $400 for a 1991 Streamer Stage 1. A little bit of elbow grease by me or by a friend of a friend who is on tour with Sanctus Real right now, and it will be good as new.
  20. pgolliher

pgolliher

21. jeremy_p

jeremy_p

Yeah, it's just sitting in the post office right now, it was here Saturday but no one available to sign for it. So, I have to wait until tomorrow, I even brought my practice amp in to work to play during lunch. Stupid post office with stupid days off.