1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Help with voltage converter for Korean Laney RB3

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Alembic83, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. Alembic83

    Alembic83 Supporting Member

    Nov 2, 2005
    Kawagoe, Japan
    Hello, I have a Laney RB3 amp that I got in Korea and was hoping someone could recommend a voltage converter (brand/model number, etc) so I can use it in the US. I have attached a picture of the back of the amp for the specs of the RB3.

    I did a search on eBay for converters, so for example would either of these units work for the Laney?




    Attached Files:

  2. Hi.

    The "maximum power consumption" vs the fuse/voltage rating doesn't quite compute, but I'd assume that anything over 200VA (W) shuld be sufficient. Based on the "maximum power consumption" figure of 100W.

    Do search the possibility of a dual primary transformer in Your amp as well, could be possible that a tech could convert it internally for you.

  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

    to hide this ad and more.
  4. Alembic83

    Alembic83 Supporting Member

    Nov 2, 2005
    Kawagoe, Japan
    Thanks for the info! I just sent an email to Laney to see if they can tell me whether or not it has a dual primary transformer.

Share This Page