1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Help with which bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klejst, Jan 20, 2014.

1. klejst

klejst

Yep another "which bass?" thread...but I have gotten a lot of great advice before on here so I figured why not. I have been eye'ing three basses.

1. 1989 MIK Squier II Precision, all stock, has some cool mojo but no major damages or problems.

2. 1993 MIK Fender (silver Fender logo) Squier series Precision, all stock except the Bass Lines (Quarter Pounder?) pickup.

In some research I did some praise the 80's Squier stuff. Obviously I am not looking to spend a ton of money, but I found each of these for $200 or under. I am asking which would probably be the best investment overall. I play mostly rock but versatility is always a good thing. I have also been looking at possibly a four string standard Epiphone Thunderbird too. But figured I would ask.

2. pfox14

pfox14

Hard to go wrong for that kind of price. Did you play each of these? If they are all about the same price, then it comes down to which one felt the best. If you can't play them, then which one looks the best?