1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Liam McMonigle, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Liam McMonigle

Liam McMonigle

Hello, I am looking for a 5 string bass, for under £300, any suggestions? I'm stuck :help:

Any suggestions are appreciated, but i don't want an Ibanez. So fire away :)
  2. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

Go for a used model. You will be looking at basses that originally cost 3x what you have to spend and the choices will be vast compared to what's available new.
  3. Wallace320

Wallace320

Squier VMV Jazz (passive) and Squier active deluxe Jazz (except the fact that this latter can come really close in sound to an SR500/600/700 due to its electronics)

Yamaha BB425x

Cheers,
    Wallace
  4. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

My advice is to have a thread title that says something about looking for a 5 string bass.