1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Helpppp with a replacement OD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joeynone, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Joeynone

Joeynone Supporting Member

Hello fellow GAS-ers,

I have a Fulltone MOSFET bass drive as my main drive. I am terrified that after years of abuse I've already given it, that it might die within the next year. And mind you, I LOVE my Fulltone

I play in a muse-y, 30 seconds to mars, U2 esque band, so high gain dark drives are frequently used. I also have a Source Audio bass OFD for some specific tones. It's tough to cheaply find a new Fulltone... Any suggestions for a drive with similar tonal qualities?

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

You regularly kick it down the stairs, spill jugs of beer on it, use it to hammer in nails? If you stop doing those things you should get another 10 years out of it.

3. Joeynone

Joeynone Supporting Member

I actually do all of that! Honestly I tour heavily and I'm just worried about it. Do you know if the b3k is comparable? I hear nothing but great things about it