Henry the 8x8 emulator pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Mar 6, 2014.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Is there a Henry the 8x8 emulator pedal out there? Or a multi unit that has that setting? The Henry is a large part of my sound, but I have a new church gig that does not use back line at all. So I am hoping there is something I can add to my pedal board that will give me that tight low end that the Henry does so well.

2. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
  3. I really doubt it. As far as cab emulation goes, I'm not sure there's too many companies doing that. Sure, you've got your VT Bass, etc... Line 6 does cabinet emulation....

I've got a Bass Pod, I tried that whole thing out years ago - it's not that it sounds BAD, but it doesn't sound the same thru headphones as it does a PA, so all the sounds you dial in at home don't come out right.

Are you saying they won't LET you use your amp? If not, that's a bummer. You can prob make do with a sansamp bass di or VT bass or other "preamp" type units that XLR into a board, but probably will not feel at all like having your own amp flapping your pantlegs.

4. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I have used a pod xt live for the last few years and have grown tired of it. Hence building a new pedal board. I am using a tonebone bassbone as the preamp. But in my church gig there is no backline. Everything goes into the pa.

Thanks for the reply.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
  7. ERicks

Feb 22, 2014
    Silvermanez I think part of it is gonna be just getting used to hearing (and not feeling) your bass thru the in ears. Making sure you have a good set of earbuds and a good seal will help. When I first started doing church gigs I hated not playing thru an amp too, but now I've gotten so used to it's second nature, just like plugging into one of my amps. I think the key is getting the signal chain dialed (bass, preamp/di, earbuds) just like you would your normal rig, and knowing what to expect just like you would with any other amp/cab etc.