1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Henry the 8x8 emulator pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Mar 6, 2014.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Is there a Henry the 8x8 emulator pedal out there? Or a multi unit that has that setting? The Henry is a large part of my sound, but I have a new church gig that does not use back line at all. So I am hoping there is something I can add to my pedal board that will give me that tight low end that the Henry does so well.

Anyone?

2. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

3. Colonel Monk

Colonel Monk Supporting Member

Greasy Grass River, formerly Santa Cruz, CA
    I really doubt it. As far as cab emulation goes, I'm not sure there's too many companies doing that. Sure, you've got your VT Bass, etc... Line 6 does cabinet emulation....

I've got a Bass Pod, I tried that whole thing out years ago - it's not that it sounds BAD, but it doesn't sound the same thru headphones as it does a PA, so all the sounds you dial in at home don't come out right.

Are you saying they won't LET you use your amp? If not, that's a bummer. You can prob make do with a sansamp bass di or VT bass or other "preamp" type units that XLR into a board, but probably will not feel at all like having your own amp flapping your pantlegs.

CM

4. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

I have used a pod xt live for the last few years and have grown tired of it. Hence building a new pedal board. I am using a tonebone bassbone as the preamp. But in my church gig there is no backline. Everything goes into the pa.

Thanks for the reply.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Supporting Member

7. ERicks

ERicks

Silvermanez I think part of it is gonna be just getting used to hearing (and not feeling) your bass thru the in ears. Making sure you have a good set of earbuds and a good seal will help. When I first started doing church gigs I hated not playing thru an amp too, but now I've gotten so used to it's second nature, just like plugging into one of my amps. I think the key is getting the signal chain dialed (bass, preamp/di, earbuds) just like you would your normal rig, and knowing what to expect just like you would with any other amp/cab etc.