Hercules Guitar Stands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BluesWalker, Jan 13, 2013.

1. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

I am considering purchasing one of these for my Yamaha 6-string bass.

What is your experience with them? Are they durable? Is the yoke wide enough for a 6-string bass (their web site does not have stats on the yoke width nor any other guidance)?

To give you an idea on my usage, I will use it at home and take it out a few times a week for band practices and weekend gigs.
  2. Rocky McD

Rocky McD Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    I have had two of the floor stands for several years. I have never had any problems. They are very stable and the yoke clamp works perfect. I'm not sure if they will fit a 6 string.
  3. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind

Mine holds my mvp 6 just fine
  4. BluesWalker

What is the width of your 6-string neck where it rests in he yoke?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

I have 4 string basses but have refused to use anything but my Hercules stand since I got it - worth the $
  7. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

I have a few wall mounted ones and a couple of floor models. Both types seems to work fine for me.

The distance between the "pads" is about 5cm (2"). (The neck can be a tiiiny bit wider because the foam have tome give, but it's not recommended)
  8. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

My 6-string Carvin has a 2" wide nut. It won't fit in my Hercules stand, which is unfortunate because the stand is terrific.
  9. BluesWalker

The neck on my bass is just less than 2", I am debating taking a chance on the stand.
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a couple and love them. The very early ones, however, had a problem. The inside of the yoke was not completely padded, and the hard plastic marred the heels of the headstock. It's been remedied now.
  11. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Sort of the same subject. Is there a hanger strong enough and with a yoke wide enough to support a Conklin GTBD-7?
  12. armywalaby

armywalaby

Get a bag for it if you're going to move it a lot. I bought a triple stand about five years ago and recently one of the clips broke off when it got wedged against a speaker cabinet in the back of the truck. Not that they aren't durable; they are. Bag is a good idea though.
  13. BluesWalker

The stand arrived today. I bought the one with the padded legs and retractable yoke. My 6-string Yamaha bass fits into yoke with room to spare. Thanks to all of you for the help in deciding about the purchase.
  14. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Seconded. I carry my stand in a bag that came with my folding lawn chair. It fits perfectly.

15. zachoff

zachoff

No idea on the 6 string fit, but I love mine. I have the dual hanger. If it's a long scale I'm not sure it goes up high enough. My T-bird is only about 3" off the ground & the stand is at its highest.