1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Here we go... another switching question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thiocyclist, Jan 16, 2013.

1. thiocyclist

thiocyclist

I've looked at several diagrams in reputable books and online and can't figure this one out. I have a bunch of on/on DPDT switches hooked up to pots and want to use them in the following way...

1. Neck pickup wired parallel or single coil RWRP
    2. Bridge pickup wired series or single coil RWRP

The traditional series/parallel switch you see all over the place really doesn't look like it would work for this to me. I do think the RWRP bit will be simple, I just need to use different coils for the hot with each pickup (so that Coil A is active for one when it's single coil and Coil B for the other, since they are the same make of pickup).

I've tried drawing it out but I can't come up with anything great yet. Any help? Has anyone else tried it? (As opposed to the normal series-single-parallel thing you see everywhere.)

EDIT: I have no idea about how I would do series but my idea for parallel is just to wire #4 (-) to one middle lug and #3 (+) to the other. Then on the bottom (down position), #1 (+) links up with #4 and #2 (-) links up with #3 on the other side. This connection will break to leave merely the single coil with #3 as the hot signal. To get RWRP with the series bridge pickup I think the hot from THAT pickup has to be #2 and the ground has to be #1.