1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hey from NOLA

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by SoutheastLABass, Dec 8, 2013.

1. SoutheastLABass

SoutheastLABass

So … I have a degree in saxophone. Had to pick up bass to make money…

Actually, I've been playing bass since high school when the band teacher needed help boosting the tuba section. I got to march on the field with a wireless rig and everything. It was kinda neat.

Since then, I've played in big bands and do a lot of musical theater work (woodwind doubling and recently more bass). I'm in the process of looking for an upright because more people are calling for it, and I've gotten A LOT of info just from reading this forum. Hopefully, I'll be able to help someone who's selling theirs in the next couple weeks.

I don't know how much info I'll be able to share or how much help I'll be, but I'm glad to take on any knowledge you guys pass on!

Cheers,

Jon