1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hey from the Home of Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TommyD69, Sep 27, 2013.

1. TommyD69

TommyD69 Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I was doing some Google searches on Bass guitar comparisons and I got all kinds of hits on this TB web site.
    So I checked it out and here I am.
    I have been a saxophone player since I was in the 4th grade, which was many many years ago.
    I became a harmonica player in my last band and have been doing that actively for almost 10 years.
    In all that time, I have always been an "air bass" player and jumped at the chance to play bass in my last band when the instrumentation required an extra hand to play the bass.
    I started by "playing the box" on a bunch of simple 60's rock tunes and as new cover songs were introduced to the band I was designated as the bass player as they knew I would learn the song. That was 5 years ago and I got to be pretty good at it.
    Then me and the band went in different directions (for reasons I would rather not ever talk about again).
    So I because the harp player for my current band. A band that does not have a bass player (or a drummer for that matter). It's kind of a duo acoustical guitar band with a keyboard player that sits in once in a while.
    I saw the opportunity and got myself another bass and will be working my way into all the songs, except for the songs I play harp on (which could turn into a problem).
    And NO... I will NOT wear the stupid neck brace harp holder and play bass at the same time... (nice try)...
    I look forward to learning more and more as I read thru the forums....:bassist: