1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hey from the Home of Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TommyD69, Sep 27, 2013.

1. TommyD69

TommyD69 Semper Gumby

I was doing some Google searches on Bass guitar comparisons and I got all kinds of hits on this TB web site.
    So I checked it out and here I am.
    I have been a saxophone player since I was in the 4th grade, which was many many years ago.
    I became a harmonica player in my last band and have been doing that actively for almost 10 years.
    In all that time, I have always been an "air bass" player and jumped at the chance to play bass in my last band when the instrumentation required an extra hand to play the bass.
    I started by "playing the box" on a bunch of simple 60's rock tunes and as new cover songs were introduced to the band I was designated as the bass player as they knew I would learn the song. That was 5 years ago and I got to be pretty good at it.
    Then me and the band went in different directions (for reasons I would rather not ever talk about again).
    So I because the harp player for my current band. A band that does not have a bass player (or a drummer for that matter). It's kind of a duo acoustical guitar band with a keyboard player that sits in once in a while.
    I saw the opportunity and got myself another bass and will be working my way into all the songs, except for the songs I play harp on (which could turn into a problem).
    And NO... I will NOT wear the stupid neck brace harp holder and play bass at the same time... (nice try)...
    I look forward to learning more and more as I read thru the forums....:bassist: