1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hey G&L L-2000 players how do you run you bass in your rig?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thevintagesound, Mar 21, 2014.

1. thevintagesound

thevintagesound

Running a L2000 right now. Great sounding bass! Currently I am running a direct rig for my gigs using a Tech 21 Bass Driver. I am finding that even in passive/parallel mode the bass has so much output that it's overdriving the Bass Driver. I don't mind a little dirt but this a little too much. So how you guys normally run you rig?

2. mr.mow

mr.mow

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    I view the bass treble controls as a passive cut and boost so run both at 50% and tune to taste.. Running everything at 100% is way too much output I find.
    Also I run passive and whichever of the series/parallel is the lower output.

For me it's the ASAT (same as 2000 really) -> Fuzzrocious Broke Dick -> xotic comp -> GK 700RBII -> GK212

Sounds mighty..

3. Lo-E

Lo-E

Most of the time I run with volume and treble on full, bass on or around 50% (both treble and bass are cut-only), preamp on without the treble boost, parallel and straight into the amp. Sometimes I run passive, but not often. Occasionally I'll run single-coil (K-mod), but not often.

I almost never run the bass control up past 75% as it's just too much. When I do, it's usually just with the bridge pickup, but for most of my playing I'm on the neck pickup or both pickups and the bass is turned down halfway.

4. bassbenj

bassbenj

I tend to run passive a lot (like the tone better) with active some and high boost only for special effects.

Because the bass is so hot I just plug into the active input jack on the amp. Works fine. Usually treble is full up, volume about 80% and bass from full on to cut back to taste.

Works great. Is my main axe.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Volume 80%, Bass 50%, Treble 50%. Usually both pickups in series.