1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HH Electronics Bass Machine

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mc_muench, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mc_muench

mc_muench

Anyone ever play or own one? Got any opinions or feedback? I played one today at my local Music-Go-Round, just because I'd have never heard of it and it looked cool and Im glad I did. It was really cool, it was your classic 70-80's heavy as a boulder and built like one too, solid state, 250 watt amp with 2 channels, and a 5 band EQ. It had built in phaser and that was wierd but definitely a neat feature. I played it for like 2 hours just messing around, and I may just pick it up, Ive been looking for a vintage solid state amp. And at $150 this could be a great deal.

Here's an info/spec sheet on it...
    HH Electronics Bass Machine

I did some research on HH Electronics...
    Welcome to HH Amplification
  2. mc_muench

mc_muench

I'm going back on wednesday...decided I'm going to buy it, I figure what the hell, why not. I'll be keeping my Hartke HA3500 as a back up incase the HH Electronics breaks tho because having never heard of it, parts may be difficult to find.

EDIT: There is a company in the UK by the name of MAJ Electronics, that sells spare parts for HH Electronics.
  3. MAMMOTHvolume

MAMMOTHvolume

HH stuff is great
  4. mc_muench

mc_muench

Good to hear!

I'll be sure to take lots of pics and maybe even a video.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I actually own two HH products. An IC100 and a 100W power amp. HH were heading up in the world about the time I left the UK in late 73. I owned a twin 15 cabinet of theirs for a while over here. On a trip back I saw the HH brand on a cheap and nasty little practice amp. Very sad.
  6. mc_muench

mc_muench

I'm so pumped for tomorrow! Maybe its just the GAS...
  7. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a major GAS Attack. Enjoy! :)
  8. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

Looks cool. The look, controls, and features remind me of an Acoustic 320, but with an additional phaser and compressor. At $150 I would not have been able to walk out without it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone Wednesday, if you haven't put a deposit on it. Good luck. (No, I'm not local, so it won't be me buying it from under you!)
  9. mc_muench

mc_muench

I would've walked out with it if I had my wallet...stupid head forgot it in my other pair of jeans, and I will surely cry if its gone tomorrow, but I'm crossing my finger its still there.
  10. mc_muench

mc_muench

I cry tears...of joy today, I walked in and what was sitting right where I left it on Monday? Yup, that HH Electronics Bass Machine. I plugged it in, made sure everything still worked, and bought it. Carrying it out into the car I finally fully realized the weight of this thing, it's a beast, but a beast with a beautiful singing voice. As expected the footswitch was lost or not given to the store when it was sold to them, but that company I mentioned earlier, MAJ Electronics, make clones of the footswitch so Ill buy one later.

Behold GAS at its finest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is really my first GAS attack and I now know what you guys are talking about, I want MORE!!!! I'm in the market for a Fender Musicmaster Bass. :bassist:
  11. mc_muench

mc_muench

I emailed Andy from the "unoffical" HH website to see if he could give me any info on what year my head is...hoping for a reply.
  12. mc_muench

mc_muench

Still haven't got an email... But the HH Electronics got it's first big test. My band had a gig tonight and we rocked it. The head worked perfect...BEST $150 IVE EVER SPENT!!!!
  13. stanknuckle

stanknuckle

I had one of them on the early 90's. I found a better tone plugging into the middle input. And the phaser is crazy! You'll love that amp.
  14. mc_muench

mc_muench

Well I don't have the foot switch yet and the amp is stuck on the non compressed channel so I can't use the middle...yet. And the phaser is crazy and too late I already do love it.
  15. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I'm really, really happy that you like the amp. I'll always have a soft spot for H&H.
  16. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think they where an innovative company that did very good
    quality work, I had a VS Musician abused in my rehearsal studio for at least 15 years, never misbehaved and sounded if anything a lot more hi fi than my old acoustic amp.
    Even the good old BBC used HH Power amps for studio monitors
    at a time when how much it cost was not really an issue for them.
    :bassist:
  17. murphy

murphy

I remember as a teenager in England playing through a 100 watt 15inch combo.
    It was Phat, loud, punchy and had cool lights.
  18. Baron Von Vik

Baron Von Vik

Disclosures:
    Mojo FunkBasses
  19. seamonkey

seamonkey

Is that Fanless?

Hadn't heard of HH but looks good.
    What survives in the market place isn't always the best, I don't know why these aren't around but I bet they were high priced at the time.
    I like two channels.
    Have any inside shots?
  20. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender Supporting Member

It looks to me like a copy of (or very similar to) the old Peavey Mark III. And it's gotta weigh fifty pounds.

"The quality of bass playing advanced a long way in the 1970's in terms of style, technique, and equipment, clearly the 1980's bass player will demand even more progress."

I'll sell my RH450 for a big premium in 2030...