HH Electronics Bass Machine

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mc_muench, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mc_muench

mc_muench

Anyone ever play or own one? Got any opinions or feedback? I played one today at my local Music-Go-Round, just because I'd have never heard of it and it looked cool and Im glad I did. It was really cool, it was your classic 70-80's heavy as a boulder and built like one too, solid state, 250 watt amp with 2 channels, and a 5 band EQ. It had built in phaser and that was wierd but definitely a neat feature. I played it for like 2 hours just messing around, and I may just pick it up, Ive been looking for a vintage solid state amp. And at $150 this could be a great deal.

Here's an info/spec sheet on it...
    HH Electronics Bass Machine

I did some research on HH Electronics...
    Welcome to HH Amplification
  2. mc_muench

mc_muench

I'm going back on wednesday...decided I'm going to buy it, I figure what the hell, why not. I'll be keeping my Hartke HA3500 as a back up incase the HH Electronics breaks tho because having never heard of it, parts may be difficult to find.

EDIT: There is a company in the UK by the name of MAJ Electronics, that sells spare parts for HH Electronics.
  3. MAMMOTHvolume

MAMMOTHvolume

HH stuff is great
  4. mc_muench

mc_muench

Good to hear!

I'll be sure to take lots of pics and maybe even a video.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I actually own two HH products. An IC100 and a 100W power amp. HH were heading up in the world about the time I left the UK in late 73. I owned a twin 15 cabinet of theirs for a while over here. On a trip back I saw the HH brand on a cheap and nasty little practice amp. Very sad.
  7. mc_muench

mc_muench

I'm so pumped for tomorrow! Maybe its just the GAS...
  8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Sounds like a major GAS Attack. Enjoy! :)
  9. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

Looks cool. The look, controls, and features remind me of an Acoustic 320, but with an additional phaser and compressor. At $150 I would not have been able to walk out without it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone Wednesday, if you haven't put a deposit on it. Good luck. (No, I'm not local, so it won't be me buying it from under you!)
  10. mc_muench

mc_muench

I would've walked out with it if I had my wallet...stupid head forgot it in my other pair of jeans, and I will surely cry if its gone tomorrow, but I'm crossing my finger its still there.
  11. mc_muench

mc_muench

I cry tears...of joy today, I walked in and what was sitting right where I left it on Monday? Yup, that HH Electronics Bass Machine. I plugged it in, made sure everything still worked, and bought it. Carrying it out into the car I finally fully realized the weight of this thing, it's a beast, but a beast with a beautiful singing voice. As expected the footswitch was lost or not given to the store when it was sold to them, but that company I mentioned earlier, MAJ Electronics, make clones of the footswitch so Ill buy one later.

Behold GAS at its finest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is really my first GAS attack and I now know what you guys are talking about, I want MORE!!!! I'm in the market for a Fender Musicmaster Bass. :bassist:
  12. mc_muench

mc_muench

I emailed Andy from the "unoffical" HH website to see if he could give me any info on what year my head is...hoping for a reply.
  13. mc_muench

mc_muench

Still haven't got an email... But the HH Electronics got it's first big test. My band had a gig tonight and we rocked it. The head worked perfect...BEST $150 IVE EVER SPENT!!!!
  14. stanknuckle

stanknuckle

I had one of them on the early 90's. I found a better tone plugging into the middle input. And the phaser is crazy! You'll love that amp.
  15. mc_muench

mc_muench

Well I don't have the foot switch yet and the amp is stuck on the non compressed channel so I can't use the middle...yet. And the phaser is crazy and too late I already do love it.
  16. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I'm really, really happy that you like the amp. I'll always have a soft spot for H&H.
  17. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I think they where an innovative company that did very good
    quality work, I had a VS Musician abused in my rehearsal studio for at least 15 years, never misbehaved and sounded if anything a lot more hi fi than my old acoustic amp.
    Even the good old BBC used HH Power amps for studio monitors
    at a time when how much it cost was not really an issue for them.
    :bassist:
  18. murphy

murphy

I remember as a teenager in England playing through a 100 watt 15inch combo.
    It was Phat, loud, punchy and had cool lights.
  19. Baron Von Vik

Baron Von Vik

Disclosures:
    Mojo FunkBasses
  20. seamonkey

seamonkey

Is that Fanless?

Hadn't heard of HH but looks good.
    What survives in the market place isn't always the best, I don't know why these aren't around but I bet they were high priced at the time.
    I like two channels.
    Have any inside shots?
  21. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender Supporting Member

It looks to me like a copy of (or very similar to) the old Peavey Mark III. And it's gotta weigh fifty pounds.

"The quality of bass playing advanced a long way in the 1970's in terms of style, technique, and equipment, clearly the 1980's bass player will demand even more progress."

I'll sell my RH450 for a big premium in 2030...