1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hi-Flyer Pickups: Eastwood = Univox?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Hi all,

I just picked up a SWEET '74 Univox Hi-Flyer. Unfortunately, a previous owner put in some janky Gretsch pickups.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Eastwood's Hi-Flyer pickups would be a drop-in fit with the Univox cavity?

If not, could someone maybe measure their Eastwood's pickup dimensions for me? I'd greatly appreciate it!

I contacted Eastwood directly, and they didn't know :(
  2. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

3. Crater

Crater

I believe that the Univox guitars & basses are yet another Matsumoku-made brand. So you might try searching the Matsumoku fan sites for more info:

http://www.matsumoku.org/guitars.html
  4. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Thank you, very much! :bassist:
  5. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

So, it looks like the Eastwoods are not a true-drop-in.

Another person also speculated that the P90's Univox Hi-Flyer had different routes than the Humbucker Hi-Flyer.

So, i'm taking the original pickups to a local guy (who is expensive :( ) to see if i can salvage them.