Hi from England.....

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by XenDaddy, Feb 4, 2014.

1. XenDaddy

XenDaddy

Hi All,

I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long to find this place...but glad I have....

I've been a basshead for as long as I can remember....as a kid I was seriously into soul and funk and reggae...and was always drawn to a great bassline....the likes of bootsy and marcus miller were total musical heroes to me....

For some strange reason though in my 20's I started playing guitar....occasionally I'd pick up a bass (I was given quite a nice 78 p-bass, but with worn buzzy frets, roundwounds and an awful setup)

In those pre internet days it wasn't easy to figure out how to make those amazing noises I loved so much so I never really got my head around playing or setting up the bass nicely and mostly stuck to guitar

Fast forward twenty odd years to a couple of weeks ago, when after about 10 years of hardly playing anything with strings (I'd kind of got sidetracked by djing, computer music and getting on with the rest of my life) I picked up that sad neglected bass....and started to do some research here....

I'm still fettling her...but already, with some flats, and a bit of tinkering she is playing and sounding much better....and I've kind of fallen in love.....to me the p-bass is such a pure simple perfect design... and was the instrument I'd always wanted to play properly....

I've got kind of obsessed...and all the information here is so useful...from setup to playing tips to tabs....I've been pretty much playing as much as I can with my soft fingers...though they are starting to callous up already....

I'm even getting a hankering for playing in a band again (though a bit more practice needed first!).....

Anyway, that's enough rambling....but hi to you all....I have a feeling I'll be hanging out here a fair bit....see you all around

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome, it'll all come flowing back.

Have fun.

3. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper

Welcome from a newbie from Canada!